Sunday, May 24, 2009

08-09 School year.

As of today, there's only 6 & 1/2 days of school left. [technically 5 full days and 3 half days but w/e :P]

Looking back, there's so many things that have happened this year. Even though it wasn't my best year in middle school, it was memorable.

Of course, there's things I learned that helped me get to who I am today. There's a big difference between the Jem in August and the Jem in May.

The first thing I learned is that I really don't have to care what other people think. Alot of the time last year, I always had to watch what I said, how I acted around people, and who I hung out with. Just because I didn't want to be seen as some kind of noob. But this year, I hung out with WHOEVER, said WHATEVER, and acted as MYSELF. I even made alot of new friends, and lost some along the way. My self esteem has grown because of this. I am friendly, and jovial. Its a good thing. Soon, I'll grow to be confident about myself, and stop being jealous about looks. -.-

Another thing I learned is that I'm able to stay in a relationship longer than I thought. My last relationship lasted for three months. The relationship I'm in now just got marked as eight months. Back in September, I really thought I couldn't handle it at first. Even though I wanted it so bad, I assumed that it would just flake. But look at things now. We have four more months until a year, and that's pretty strong if you ask me. I'm proud of myself, and I know that this will continue forever. :]

There's supposed to be some kind of barrier between friends and exes. There were some quarrels during the first few months of the 'couple period.' In my mind it will always be the originals. But after a while, everyone started dating each other. It was really weird to see someone holding hands with another person, when two weeks ago, they were 'just friends.' Yeah, I could notice it, by why did it have to be so soon? I guess people nowadays just feel that they HAVE to be dating someone; whether they really like them or not.
With me, its different. You wouldn't understand unless you were in my shoes...

Listen to your heart. It really works. I know it sounds like another cheesy-ego booster-fortune cookie type of thing, but I'm dead serious. I had to make decisions in the past nine months that could have affected the rest of my life. My conscience told me the right thing to do for all those situations, and look at the outcome. I'm completely happy with everything. ♥

Real friends are forever. The laughs, the fights, the concerts, the sleepovers, the crushes, and the jockers. The clothing and the homework, the phone calls and the bracelets. Soo much fun. Its these type of people that you know you're going to stay in contact with because of the times you've had. Pretty straightforward.

Christian Jacob, Alexis Taylor, Taime Elizabeth, Christopher James, Jannellynn Caday- You've made my year amazing. Thank you. :]<3

No comments: